The EFT Manufacturing OI has many hooks available from TestStand to provide operator feedback. This article describes the process for creating test steps that that allow test sequences to update the EFT Manufacturing OI:
OI Control Items
Each OI control item is set by sending a TestStand User Interface Message (PostUIMessageEx method)
Progress Bar Percent
Can be black, blinking, bold red, or bold green
Using Expressions and TestStand ActiveX Interfaces
The TED Test.seq shipping example provides a utility subsequence, called "__UI Interface Utilities__" which provides several examples for how to send the appropriate UI messages to the UI, using either ActiveX adapters or through expressions (which can be copied into pre- or post-expressions of other steps.
EFT OI Interface StepType
EFT OI Interface StepTypes Installer
The EFT OI Interface StepType provides a more intuitive way to control the OI through TestStand.
To use the step type:
- Drag the EFT OI Interface StepType into your sequence
- Click "Configure Interface" on the step settings tab
- Select the message to send from the dropdown box
- Enter the information for the selected message type.
- Note, most messages can be set using TestStand expressions to provide maximum flexibility
- Most messages will also display a preview of the item in the EFT Manufacturing OI